At Verso Investment Management LLP, we take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide financial advice, to administer your portfolios and to provide the services you have requested from us.
This Privacy Statement explains the rights you have in relation to your personal data, the reasons for processing your personal data and how we use that data.
You have the right to know:
- Why we process your personal data
- What personal data we hold, and from where it is obtained
- With whom your personal data may be shared
- For how long we will hold your personal data
- Your rights to rectification, restriction of processing and erasure of your personal data
- Your right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
Reasons for processing your personal data
We process your data for the purposes of our legitimate interest so that we can provide you with financial advice, investment management, and arrange financial transactions.
Reasons for holding your personal data and where we get it from
We collect data about your personal and financial circumstances. Most of this data has been provided by you directly; however, we may obtain information which is not publicly available from financial institutions and other third parties. We may need to collect additional information or use information that we already hold for further advice or transactions.
We will collect what is deemed to be special category data relating to your health as this will affect our advice and is required for insurance or annuity contracts.
To complete our anti-money laundering and financial crime checks, we will undertake a search with a credit reference agency for the purposes of verifying your identity. To do so, the credit reference agency may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
Reasons your personal data may be shared
We share your personal data with firms with which we arrange financial transactions for you. We may also share your personal data with other companies such as accountants, auditors, lawyers, compliance consultants, and any organisation which requires regulatory access, or which is responding to legal processes.
We routinely share data with HMRC and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
How long your personal data will be held
We retain our client data records for as long as is required by our regulators and in the event that the data may be needed in order to defend a legal claim.
Your rights over the data we hold
You have the right to ask:
- To see your personal data and to be provided with a copy
- That we update or correct your personal data
- That we restrict the processing of your personal data
- Us to delete your personal data once we no longer need to process it in accordance with our legal obligations, or need it to defend a legal claim
- Us to stop sending you product information both now and in the future. Any such withdrawal of consent will not prevent us from sending you information about your financial matters which are within the scope of our client Agreement; this will continue until that Agreement has been terminated.
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions about this Statement, please contact Stephen Wadey at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the body that regulates the handling of personal data in the United Kingdom.
You can do this as follows: